Saturday, April 14, 2012

McNett Aquamira Bottle Microbiological Filter I wish I could give less than 1 star

McNett Aquamira Water Bottle with Microbiological Filter
McNett Aquamira Water Bottle with Microbiological Filter Read more...

  • High quality 22 fl oz sport bottle
  • Flip cap and sturdy Nalgene construction
  • Safe and effective way to enjoy clear, clean tasting water anywhere

  • The Filter Arrived Broken I was looking forward to this water filter bottle as I am going traveling overseas next week. It arrived with the filter snapped in half. I called customer service and they say they will refund my money but only time will tell if that is so. If they don't give me the refund Amazon will hear from me. Unfortunately I need to order another water filter bottle.
    Disappointed I have used this product in the past and I like how it performs. Great for back country mountain bike trips.I was disappointed that the packaging was torn and the filter was broken in half inside the bottle. Surprised that the seller sent the product in this condition. Now I have the hassle of returning it. Can't blame the freight carrier on this one.
    PERFECT FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL!!! I have never written an amazon review before but this water bottle was so amazing and so useful that I thought that everyone who travels abroad should have one. I am a researcher who does work in West Africa and often travels to China. I just got back from a month in Ghana where all the water I drank went through the Aquamira bottle. I used faucet water every day and I never got sick and the water tasted fine. The bottle was easy to use clean small enough to put in my day bag. I had no problem getting the water out or squeezing the bottle. On top of that it definitely saved me money even though it costs a lot more than a normal water bottle it saved me from buying bottled water every single day while I was in Ghana. Every time I saw a traveler I went on and on about this water bottle. I will never travel abroad again without taking this water bottle with me. I just bought one for my motherinlaw who is going out of the country soon. I definitely expect that it won't be long before everyone on the road has some kind of water filter bottle like this one.
    OK but not great. The water does take significant amount of squeezing to get water out.OK for me the wife had a problem with it.Like the cover for the top. Unsure at this point about durability.Water filter easily replaced.Need to be careful when filling bottle to allow for room in bottle for the filter.
    I wish I could give less than 1 star I was very disappointed with this water bottle. I bought it for use in my office because I can't stand the taste of our tap water. It's true that the water does taste much better than straight from the tap however it's extremely difficult to use. You have to squeeze the bottle very hard to get even a small amount of water to come out. Often I find myself tipping my head completely back and squeezing with both hands just for a sip. It constantly needs refilling because the filter is so long that it doesn't work after about 2/3 of the way through. Additionally I've had trouble with water getting stuck on top of the filter so when I go to refill it I get drenched. I opted for the cheaper choice and now I'm paying for it. Don't waste your money.
    exactly what I was looking for The bottle and the filter work well. The filter does come apart sometimes but you just slide it back together and keep going.It seems very durable and hopefully will last long. I sent it with my husband on his hunting trip.
    worst bottle ive ever seen i got this bottle thinking it would be good. well hoping at least because i was going on an overnight 16 mile hike and didn't want to have all the weight of bottled water so i got this water filter and about 9 miles in i filled it. 20 minutes later i noticed the filter broke in half at the bottom of the water the next day my brothers aquamira water bottle had the same thing happen to it. so i don't now if it even filtered water at all and ended up pretty much useless.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Potable Aqua Water Treatment Tablets Comparing chemical treatment methods The EPA estimates that 90% of the world's fresh water is contaminated and unsuitable for drinking. The days of kneeling down on a hike and sipping from the stream are long gone. Don't make the mistake of thinking that just ...Read the full

    • McNett Aquamira Microbiological Replacement Filter Makes DC Tap Water Drinkable Have not tried drinking from a stream or lake source yet but I can say it does work on DC tap water and ice chest water that everyone has had their hands in grabbing soda's and beers. I trust this product. ...Read the full

    • Aquamira Frontier Emergency Water Filter System Pretty good but be prepared for initial carbon This system is much like everyone mentions. It's light weighing about as much as 5 quarters. It's compact about the size of a roll of pennies. The filtration unit seems pretty sturdy and would ...Read the full

    • Aquamira Water Treatment Drops 1oz Excellent water quality I used this water treatment kit to purify swamp water from the Florida Everglades and it worked very well. Since it's the dry season and the water holes are rather small with no flow whatsoever the water had a 'swampy' ...Read the full

    • Coghlans Mosquito Net STANDS UP TO WINDS AND SUN TOO I built an outdoor bathtub overlooking our river in the Salmon River Mountains. The net is suspended from poles over the tub in full sun and susceptible to the daily morning and afternoon winds that come up and ...Read the full

    No comments:

    McNett Aquamira Bottle Microbiological Filter I wish I could give less than 1 star Post a Comment

    water purifier tablets Popular Posts